We at Craftmill Ltd are committed to protecting any data that we collect concerning you. This Privacy and Data Protection Policy sets out how we collect and use personal and other data that you provide to us when you use our website and buy products from us, or through any direct contact with our business. By using our Services or otherwise communicating with us you accept and consent to the collection, use and transfer of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
We are committed to protecting your privacy.
This Policy indicates the type of processes that may result in data being collected about you. Contacting us or purchasing goods from our websites (www.craftmill.co.uk and www.thewoodenboxmill.co.uk) or through our Ebay, Amazon or Etsy stores, or directly by telephone or email, gives us the right to collect personal information. The “data controller” of your personal data (in other words the organisation that determines how your data is used) is Craftmill Ltd, Unit 8, Chichester Road, Romiley, Stockport, SK6 4BL. Please write to us at that address or by email to [email protected] should you have any queries about any aspect of the data that we hold or the way we use it.
1) Information Collected
In order to use our Services we need to collect certain data about you. In addition, we may collect some data about you for the purposes set out in the section headed 'information use' below. Some of the data that we collect will be personal data in that it will be capable of identifying you. Depending on whether or not you decide to purchase products from us, you may also give us financial and credit card information. When you register to use our Services you will be given the option to opt out of some of the data collection activities that we do.
When you use our Services we will collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• Your name;
• Telephone numbers;
• Business name and/or address
• Other data that you provide to us when you register for use of our website or our Services
• Information about the products and services you purchase from us
• Information about your visit to our websites including details of how and when you visited, products you viewed/searched for, page interactions, length of website visit and the URL used to access the site
• Information collected from our website through cookies
• Records of our contact with you, which may include notes on our systems, telephone calls, e-mails or electronic communications and written correspondence
• Data about your computer / browsing device such as your IP address and location information from the device you used to browse the site
• Payment card information when you purchase or call our customer service line
• Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our warehouse.
We don’t offer products or services that are intended to be purchased by children and so do not intend to collect data from children. Similarly we do not intend to collect or ask you to disclose sensitive data relating to your health, religion or ethnic background.
2) How do we collect personal data?
Directly from you
For example you will provide information such as name, address, telephone number, email address, business address during registration of your account, during checkout if you are purchasing a product and by email or telephone correspondence.
Cookies are small text files (generally filled with letters and numbers) which the majority of web sites store on your computer or handheld device. These cookies are harmless and cannot cause damage to your computer. Cookies allow us to provide important site functionality so you don't have to re-enter lots of information. They also allow us to remember what links and pages have been clicked or viewed during a session. Without cookies, website features such as shopping baskets and privileged information for registered users could not work as they do now. Cookies are generally beneficial, making your interaction with websites smoother and much easier.
Some cookies may also be set by third parties (such as Google) for statistics and to help us improve the services and products we provide to you. None of these cookies collect personal information that would allow anyone to identify individual users of our site.
Most web browsers allow user privacy settings to block either all cookies, or third-party cookies. Blocking cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including ours. Please visit www.aboutcookies.org for comprehensive information on how to change your cookie settings in a wide variety of different web browsers.
By using our site you give us consent to store cookies on your computer. If you do not wish to consent then you must either disable cookies in your browser/handheld device or refrain from using our site.
Google Analytics is a website monitoring tool that allows users to see volumes of website visitors, their source, and to analyse how the content of their website is viewed and navigated. This in turn allows optimisation of the content and pages on our website and the marketing programmes that drive traffic to the website. Google Analytics does not store any personal information about website visitors, but does use persistent cookies to identify repeat visitors. You may universally opt-out of all Google Analytics tracking used by all websites by visiting the following URL - https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Through your browser or device or through our servers
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device and we also collect your IP address or other device identifier to enable the website to recognise your device when you use the website via our server log files.
3) Information Use and Sharing
We will use personal data that we collect in the following ways:
• To provide and administer our Services to you (for instance, processing orders and payments) - we use your data in this way because we have a contract (order) to fulfil with you
• For good governance, accounting, and managing and auditing our business operations
• To operate the website from a technical and practical perspective
• To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities (for instance, by checking your password when you login)
• For internal record keeping for example to know which products you have purchased so that we can contact you if there is a quality or stock level or other issue relating to the product • To personalise your use of the site (for instance, to follow up on purchases made on the website)
• For the purposes of customer care, for instance, responding to queries, refund requests and complaints, monitoring e-mails, calls and other communications. By submitting your e-mail address you are consenting to receive the particular piece of information you requested, as well as allowing us to send you appropriate and useful communications. This includes, but is not limited to; account statements, invoices, special offers, new product details or other relevant news from our business.
In addition to the use of your information as we have described above we may, if you have specifically opted in during registration with us, during checkout, or via our GDPR opt-in email, use your personal data to send you e-mails and marketing communications about Craftmill's (and The Wooden Box Mill's) products and services.
Our use of your data for the above purposes may require us to share the information to third parties for these reasons:
• Trade contacts you have provided details of for trade references
• Companies and other persons who help us provide our Services (for instance, parcel carriers and delivery companies for despatching and delivering products to you, software and web host providers for IT support, website and e-marketing support and in the improvement and optimisation of our website)
• Our legal and professional advisors
• Payment systems (for instance, Sagepay, Paypal, Visa or Mastercard) for processing transactions
• Debt collection agencies for debt recovery
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal Information to the prospective seller or buyer and it may be one of the transferred assets -
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation
• In order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Craftmill Limited, our Customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Information you provide to us by corresponding with us by telephone, e-mail or otherwise howsoever and which we collect will be filed and sorted at our registered address and on secure servers of our software and website hosting services providers. This information will be stored at a destination within the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Payment transactions are processed by a third party using a secure online gateway that encrypts your card details and cannot be accessed by us. We take the security of your data very seriously and have put strict procedures and measures in place to help protect your personal details from unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security and any transmission is at your own risk.
All reasonable precautions are taken to prevent unauthorised access to your information. This safeguard may require you to provide additional forms of identity should you wish to obtain information about your account details.
To help us to keep your data safe it is essential that you choose a strong, secure password that you do not use on other websites and keep your password confidential. Avoid sharing it with anyone.
We do not disclose any personal information obtained about you from our website or by any other means to third parties. We will never sell your personal data or give it to anyone else for them to use for their own purposes without making that clear to you.
4) Changes to this Policy
Any changes to our Privacy and Data Protection Policy will be placed in the Privacy Statement section of our websites at www.craftmill.co.uk and www.thewoodenboxmill.co.uk and will supersede this version of our Policy. We will take reasonable steps to draw your attention to any changes in our Policy. However, please read this document each time you use the website to ensure that it still meets with your approval.
5) Your Rights and How to Contact Us
We'll only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary, based on our legal requirements and for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
If you have any questions about our Policy, or the way in which we collect or process your information, please contact us.
Similarly, if the information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, please let us know and we will investigate further to correct any inaccuracies or if you require us to remove your details from any list under our control.
You may ask us directly not to use your personal data for any marketing purposes. You can also find out more about your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation by visiting the information Commissioner's Office website at www.ico.org.uk
Craftmill Ltd May 2018