ALGINATE FOR HAND AND FOOT CASTING, LIFECASTING AND MANY OTHER MOULDING PROJECTS
Craftmill stocks ALGINART - A SUPERIOR BRAND OF SKINSAFE ALGINATE FOR YOUR MOULDING AND CASTING PROJECT
The professionals choice - used throughout the UK by many leading casting specialists.
This Chromatic Alginate is available in 450g or 900g bags
- Craftmill's alginate is sealed new and fresh - so it will have a good shelf life of around 2 years before being opened.
- It is a 'standard set' alginate giving you 2 minutes mixing time and a further 1 minute to setting (total 3 min.). Some brands only give you half this time. The setting time of Alginart allows you to work properly with the product, getting a smooth mix without the need to panic, but doesn't keep little ones waiting too long.
- Our Alginate is supplied with a very valuable help sheet. Follow mixing, measuring and temperature advice carefully for best results!
- Alginate is ideal for art and craft projects, life/external body casting, adult or baby hand or foot casting or craft workshops. This material is ideal for making mouldings of external body parts or for fine art sculptures.
- Alginate is skin safe. Originally designed to make dental mouldings, we have chosen the best formula to create 'Alginart', the optimum formula to capture every crease with the optimum consistency for lifecasting and bodycasting projects.
- Although not a toy, we know the alginate is sometimes used with children. For your information, it has passed the EN71 toy safety test fully.
- Alginate peels off skin easily and no gloves are required for handling unless you or your model have broken skin (may irritate).
- Alginate is chromatic - it changes colour as you work with it telling you which stage of the process you are at.
- We recommend it is always used under adult supervision
Please read - Important Product hints and general safety advice
- If you are casting a baby or child's hand or foot, remember to quickly wash their hand and foot after making a mould - to remove any lumps of alginate jelly - in order to avoid a choking hazard
- Our alginate does not contain any carcinogens. However, if you use any of our powdered products like alginate or plaster regularly in your work (rather than a one-off use), please use common sense - ensure you wear a suitable dust face mask for mixing as these powders are designed to set firm on contact with moisture so you must take careful precautions to avoid inhaling them into your lungs. It is designed to be a low dust product, but its important to avoid generating dust - don't work in front of a fan or whisk carelessly or in quantities that are not manageable. Avoid contact with eyes as could irritate. Wear goggles for mixing if you are a regular user to help prevent eye irritation.
- Remember the Alginate is for making the mould only. After making the mould, you then need to make a casting by pouring casting plaster into your mould. See our 1kg or 3kg pack of Fine Casting Plaster which is ideal for the job. 1kg of plaster is more than enough to go with a 450g pack of Alginate.
- After making the casting let it dry thoroughly (at least 1-2 weeks) and if desired, paint gold, copper or silver - our acrylic hobby paints come in a vast range of shades. Finally you can varnish your finished product if necessary using one of our craft varnishes.Remember all our casting and moulding products come with full easy-to-follow instructions to give you confidence.
2 Pack Sizes
Choose the number of packs you require in the table below. CHECK OUR PRICE PER BAG - THE MORE YOU BUY THE MORE YOU SAVE!