ALGINATE FOR HAND AND FOOT CASTING, LIFECASTING AND MANY OTHER MOULDING PROJECTS
Craftmill stocks ALGINART - A SUPERIOR BRAND OF SKINSAFE ALGINATE FOR YOUR MOULDING AND CASTING PROJECT
The professionals choice - used throughout the UK by many leading casting specialists.
This Chromatic Alginate is available in 450g or 900g bags -
- Craftmill's alginate is sealed new and fresh - so it will have a good shelf life of around 2 years before being opened.
- It is a 'standard set' alginate giving you 2 minutes mixing time and a further 1 minute to setting (total 3 min.). Some brands only give you half this time. The setting time of Alginart allows you to work properly with the product, getting a smooth mix without the need to panic, but doesn't keep little ones waiting too long.
- Our Alginate is supplied with a very valuable help sheet.
- Alginate is ideal for art and craft projects, life/body casting, adult or baby hand or foot casting or craft workshops. This material is ideal for making mouldings of external body parts or for fine art sculptures.
- Alginate is skin safe. Originally designed to make dental mouldings, we have chosen the best formula to create 'Alginart', the optimum formula to capture every crease with the optimum consistency for lifecasting and bodycasting projects.
- Alginate peels off skin easily and is allergy free - no gloves required.
- Alginate is chromatic - it changes colour as you work with it telling you which stage of the process you are at.
Product hints and general safety advice
- If you are casting a baby or child's hand or foot, remember to quickly wash their hand and foot after making a mould - to remove any lumps of alginate jelly - in order to avoid a choking hazard
- If you use any of our powdered products like alginate or plaster regularly in your work, please use common sense - wear a suitable paper face mask as these powders are designed to set firm on contact with moisture !
- Remember the Alginate is for making the mould only. After making the mould, you then need to make a casting by pouring casting plaster into your mould. See our 1kg or 3kg pack of Fine Casting Plaster which is ideal for the job. 1kg of plaster is more than enough to go with a 450g pack of Alginate.
- After making the casting let it dry thoroughly and if desired, paint gold, copper or silver - our hobby paints come in a vast range of shades. Finally you can varnish your finished product if necessary using one of our craft varnishes.Remember all our casting and moulding products come with full easy-to-follow instructions to give you confidence.
2 Pack Sizes
Choose the number of packs you require in the table below. CHECK OUR PRICE PER BAG - THE MORE YOU BUY THE MORE YOU SAVE!