Currently Out of Stock -
New stock due 26th Jan
Due to unexpected high sales pre Christmas - for the
first time ever we have completely sold out of Alginate.
You can place your orders now if you wish, so that we ship to you immediately when the new bulk stock arrives. We are restocking heavily to ensure no future run out. Please expect delivery of new stock to arrive with you around 30th Jan to allow for postal delivery to you.
We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
ALGINATE FOR BABY HAND AND FOOT CASTING, LIFECASTING AND MANY OTHER MOULDING PROJECTS
Craftmill stocks ALGINART - A SUPERIOR BRAND OF SKINSAFE ALGINATE FOR YOUR MOULDING AND CASTING PROJECT
This Chromatic Dental Alginate is available in 450g or 900g bags -
- Craftmill's alginate is sealed new and fresh - so it will have a good shelf life of around 2 years before being opened.
- It is a standard set alginate giving you 2 minutes mixing time and a further 1 minute to setting (total 3 min.). Some brands only give you half this time. The setting time of Alginart allows you to work properly with the product, getting a smooth mix without the need to panic !
- Our Alginate is supplied with a very valuable general help sheet.
- Alginate is ideal for art projects, body casting, baby hand or foot casting or workshop. This material is ideal for making mouldings of body parts or for fine art sculptures.
- Alginate is super safe as it was designed originally for use in the mouth (dental mouldings).
- Alginate peels off skin easily and is allergy free - no gloves required.
- Alginate is chromatic - it changes colour as you work with it telling you which stage of the process you are at.
Product hints and advice
- Remember the Alginate is for making the mould only. After making the mould, you then need to make a casting by pouring casting plaster into your mould. See our 1kg or 3kg pack of Fine Casting Plaster which is ideal for the job. 1kg of plaster is more than enough to go with a 450g pack of Alginate.
- After making the casting let it dry thoroughly and if desired, paint gold, copper or silver - our hobby paints come in a vast range of shades. Finally you can varnish your finished product if necessary using one of our craft varnishes.Remember all our casting and moulding products come with full easy-to-follow instructions to give you confidence.
2 Pack Sizes
Choose the number of packs you require in the table below. CHECK OUR PRICE PER BAG - THE MORE YOU BUY THE MORE YOU SAVE!